Process an ANSI 835 file
Use the EDI File Analyzer to read ANSI 835 response files and post payments.
1. Right click the ANSI 835 file.
2. Select 'Send To'
3. Select 'EDI File Analyzer.
The analyzer will parse the file and show the results in a spreadsheet looking window. You can then import the payment information into EZClaim or export the data to excel.
To see the adjustment reason descriptions on the 835 analyzed file in Excel, you need to have the reason codes in EZClaim's Other Code Libraries.
1. Open EZClaim Advanced
2. Click the Tools > Other Code Libraries menu option
3. Select 'Adjustment Codes' from the drop down box
4. Click the Import button
5. Select AdjustmentReasonCodes.txt from the file list. You may need to navigate to the C:\Program Files\EZClaim directory.
6. Click the Open button
7. You will receive confirmation that 217 codes were imported. Click OK.
8. Run the 835 through the analyzer again.
9. Export the data to Excel or view on screen. You will now see the reason code descriptions.
Document ID: 324
Applies To: EZClaim
Keywords: posting payments